These are a nice sugar free option for anyone who loves meringues. I used monk fruit sugar to make the meringue and it works. Xylitol also works well with this recipe. You do get that cool sugar alcohol taste, but it’s not too bad and I like to add freeze dried berries which are really good here.
- 3 egg whites
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup monk fruit sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup freeze dried berries optional
- Preheat oven to 200℉
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the egg white till frothy.
- Add cream of tartar and salt.
- Slowly pour in the monk fruit sugar ¼ cup at a time, waiting till it is mixed in.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Keep mixing till you have stiff peaks.
- Fold in dried berries.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop meringue mixture onto the baking sheet with a small cookie scoop.
- Bake for 2 hours. After 2 hours, turn off heat and let cool in the oven.
- Store in an airtight container.