My friend came over early one weekday morning and I made this. I didn’t end up having lunch that day because I was so full. This is definitely a brunch dish and something I will make again on a weekend.
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 chorizo sausage link sliced into rounds
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 red chili sliced
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes peeled & cubed
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 scallions sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into cubes.
- Place them into a large pot of cold water, add a tablespoon of salt. Once the water starts boiling, parboil the potatoes for 7 minutes, then drain in a colander and leave to steam dry.
- In a frying pan on medium heat add the chorizo and fry. Once some fat from the chorizo had rendered, add the onion and garlic. Fry until the onions have softened.
- Add the red peppers. Fry until softened. Remove vegetables and chorizo from pan.
- Add the olive oil. Add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes until potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chorizo and vegetables back into the pan and mix with the potatoes. Remove from pan and put on two plates.
- Fry eggs in the same pan. Add a little more oil if needed. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place an egg on top of the chorizo hash.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve.