A few years ago I went on a South American adventure with my cousin Danielle. Our first stop was Buenos Aires. We drank a bottle of Malbec every night with dinner, and dinner was always grilled meats with sides of veggies. I really loved the chimichurri sauce that accompanied each meal. We stopped in a grocery store one day and bought alforjas cookies, dulce de leche, and spices. I found this great chimichurri spice mix there and I mix it with fresh parsley and garlic. I don’t put vinegar in it as I use it for cooking and not just as a condiment.
When my cousin comes over and we want to relive our days in Buenos Aires, we buy a bottle of Malbec and I make this dish with shrimp added to the chicken.
- 8 ounces organic chicken cubed
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chimichurri spice mix or oregano
- 1 cup olive oil plus more for frying
- In a frying pan or medium heat, add 1 tsp of olive oil. Add chicken and fry for about 7 minutes until browned on both sides.
- In a bowl, add parsley, spices, garlic, and salt. Mix well. Pour olive oil into the bowl and mix well. All the parsley should be cover with olive oil.
- Remove chicken from the pan and put on a serving plate. Spoon over the chimichurri mix.
- Serve immediately.