There are many ways to make pizza dough. For this dough I use the help of my stand mixer and oven that has a proof function which basically means it’s set to 100°F. The dough is crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. It is one of the best pizza crusts I’ve ever tasted and will probably stick to making my own pizzas from now on.
- Stand Mixer
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cups 00 flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Take the stand mixer bowl and fill with hot water. When you touch the bowl it should feel warm. Pour water out and dry bowl with a paper towel. Put back on the stand mixer.
- Pour in the warm water, yeast, and honey into the bowl. Give it a stir. Cover and let it sit for 5 mins. Remove cover. After 5 mins it should be frothy with bubbles.
- Put the dough hook on and add 1 cup of the flour and the salt. On low speed start mixing. Once the flour is mixed in add the rest of the flour slowly. Once it’s a dough, turn to medium speed and let mix for 7 mins. It will form a nice ball and clean the bowl.
- Coat a glass bowl with olive oil. Dust hands with flour and remove dough from mixer. It will be sticky so use some extra flour. Form into a ball and place in the glass bowl. Turn over in the bowl to coat the dough with the olive oil.
- Cover with a cloth or plastic cover and put in the oven on proof at 100°F. for one hour.
- After the hour, take out of the oven. It should be double in size. Punch the dough to deflate.
- Flour a surface and Cut into 4 pieces. Roll into balls and then flatten for pizza.
- When baking the pizza, bake at 400°F. for 15-20 mins.