These cookies are a cross between a cake and a cookie. They are soft and chewy. The yogurt is what gives them their texture and balances the sweetness from the limoncello.
They are lovely on their own as they are slightly sweet, but with the limoncello glaze, you get a burst of lemon with a tart sweetness.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup full fat greek yogurt, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons limoncello
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon limoncello
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 375F°.
- In the large bowl combine the butter and the sugar. Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg, beating until incorporated.
- Add the yogurt, limoncello, and lemon zest. Beat to combine. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon the dough with a cookie scoop onto the baking sheets. If you don't have a cookie scoop, spoon 2 tablespoons per cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Take the cooled cookie and dip it into the glaze. Let the glaze harden for about 2 hours in the fridge.
- Combine the icing sugar, limoncello, and lemon juice in a small bowl and stir until smooth.