I first had this dish at a restaurant. It was very tasty but I felt I could make it better. It was a big bed a fries with small amounts of toppings and a few pieces of steak which had to be cut up. I don’t skimp on the toppings and I find the shaved steak is better. I also layer the ingredients for a perfect bite.
- 1 650 gram bag of fries
- 2 cups jalapeno cheese grated
- 1 vidalia onions sliced and caramelized
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 oz shaved steak
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chimichurri
- 2 green onions chopped
- Bake fries according to instructions on the bag. I use the McCain Superfries so I bake mine for 15 minutes at 450ºF.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan on medium heat add the olive oil and beef seasoned with the salt and pepper. Frying until cooked. Set aside.
- Once fries are done, remove from the oven and set the oven to 350ºF. Separate the fries into 4 portions on the baking sheet they are in.
- Now time for layering. For each portion, put half the fries in a oven safe bowl, sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese, some caramelized onions. Add the rest of the fries and top with cheese, caramelized onions, and steak.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Take out of the oven and drizzle with chimichurri, sprinkle the green onions over and a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve immediately.