In the summer I like to grill and this is my favourite accompaniment to whatever I’m grilling. I make a big batch of it and keep it in the fridge almost every week during the summer. My favourite is to spoon it over grilled beef and veggies.
- 1 cup minced fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup minced fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- I like to chop everything so my chimichurri is a bit chunky. But you can use a food processor as well.
- Chop the garlic and shallots and add them to a bowl. Add the red wine vinegar and lemon juice, salt, oregano, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and mix well.
- Add the chopped parsley, coriander, and mint.
- Add the olive oil and mix well. If it's a little dry, add another 1/4 cup of olive oil.
By Food Processor
- Roughly chop the parsley, coriander, mint, shallots, and garlic and put in the food processor.
- Add the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, oregano, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Pulse the mix a few times, them drizzle the olive oil in as the food processor blends the ingredients.