Horachata is a rice milk drink popular in South America and Mexico. Each country has their own version but the base is always rice milk. This recipe is quick and easy and closer to the Mexican version. You can even spike it with Rumchata or just plain rum.
- 1 litre unsweetened rice milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ tsp vanilla bean 1 pod
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large pot, bring rice milk to a simmer with the cinnamon sticks.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the condensed milk, cinnamon, vanilla bean, and vanilla.
- Let cool and transfer to a pitcher to chill in the fridge.
- Served chilled, but not over ice. It will dilute the creaminess of this wonderful drink.