This is my favourite go-to quick and easy meal. I have it for lunch or dinner and even make it as an appetizer when entertaining.
Muffuletta is a tangy spread of olives and pickled vegetables in olive oil. I like to get the spicy one. I use the halloumi as a bed for the muffuletta and top it with fresh basil leaves. You could change up the cheese and herbs, but I find these work the best together.
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 235 grams halloumi cheese 1 block
- olive oil
- basil leaves for garnish
- Cut ciabatta into 3/4 inch slices and grill on a grill pan or toast in the oven at 350°F. for 10 minutes.
- Cut halloumi in 1/4 inch slices. In a frying pan on medium heat, drizzle olive oil and place the cheese onto the pan. Fry for a few minutes until soft and slightly golden brown. Turn over and fry until golden brown on the other side.
- Place the halloumi on the crostini and top with a spoonful of muffuletta.
- Place a basil leaf on top for garnish.