I had this rice on one of my visits to Chicago. We got take out and it was so good. I couldn’t believe how well the dill went with the rice. It was the perfect side for the roast veggies and chicken skewers that went along with it.
Obviously, I had to try to make my own version of it. I wasn’t about to wait till the next visit to Chicago to have it.
- 1¼ cups fresh dill chopped
- 3 tbsp dried dill
- 400 grams basmati rice rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse and drain the rice.
- Place the rice in pot with 4 cups of boiling water. Add the salt, butter, and olive oil. Let it return to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer and cover.
- Let cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the fresh dill and set a ¼ cup aside.
- Once the 15 minutes have passed, scatter 1 cup of fresh dill and the dried dill over the rice. Cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, turn of the heat, uncover and sprinkle over the remaining ¼ cup of fresh dill.
- Fluff with a fork to mix the dill though the rice.
- Serve immediately.