I like to make edible gifts for Christmas. These chocolate discs are always on the list. People love them and you can make them unique with all the different toppings. I use everything from candied ginger to crystallized violet petals.
Not only are these beautiful creations stunning, they are delicious. If you make these, all the chocolate lovers in your life will be very happy.
- 2 cups dark chocolate wafers
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- dried cranberries
- dried cherries
- candied ginger
- sliced almonds
- candied orange peel
- dried apricots
- Place a sheet of non-stick silicone or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate in a heat-proof glass bowl and put it in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula, return it to the microwave for another 30 seconds, then stir again. Continue to heat and stir in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is just melted. Immediately stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate and allow it to sit at room temperature, stirring often, until it's completely smooth and glossy. (If you need to heat it a little more, place it in the microwave for another 10 seconds.)
- Using a tablespoon, pour 2 spoons of the melted chocolate in rounds onto the lined baking sheet.
- Top them evenly with your desired ingredients. I use 3 to 4 toppings.
- Set aside to harden.