Not everything has to be made from scratch. There are some great products on the market that are healthy and made well. So for those nights when you don’t feel like spending time creating a homemade dish, just go to your pantry and grab a few items and you have a quick and easy dinner that is delicious.
That’s what I did for this weeknight gnocchi. I had a packet of skillet gnocchi. I pan fried it with basil infused olive oil and then covered it with my favourite basil tomato sauce, and finished it with parmesan cheese and fresh basil. This is one of my go-to meals whenever I’m in a rush and want something quick and delicious.
- 1 tbsp olive oil basil infused recommended
- 300 grams gnocchi Olivieri recommended
- 1 ½ cups basil tomato sauce Neal Brothers recommended
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 springs fresh basil
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Once the oil is heated add the gnocchi and fry. They will plump up and get golden and crispy.
- When the gnocchi is done, turn the heat to a simmer and add the tomato sauce. Mix well coating all the gnocchi and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take of the heat and stir in the parmesan and ripped up basil leaves.
- Top with extra parmesan if desired.