When I get really busy during the week, I have to have something that is quick and easy to make. And though a big pot of chilli or a casserole can make a fast dinner or a lunch to go, I found I got tired of it after a few days and would rather buy something on the way home than have the same thing for dinner.
So I came up with this mix. One big pan full of sausage, veggies and flavor! This is now my weekly staple. Every Sunday I make this and use it throughout the week. I make omelettes, pizzas, flat breads, wraps, frittatas, and pastas. Having this is the fridge means I can always make something yummy in no time.
- 1 italian sausage
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 2 large cremini mushrooms sliced
- Remove casing from sausage and add to a frying pan on medium heat. Break up sausage and let fat melt.
- Add red onions, let soften slightly.
- Add mushrooms.
- Once mushrooms are cooked add the red and yellow peppers. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the green onions.
- Let cool completely and keep in a plastic container in the fridge for up to a week.