I love the Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark that comes out every Christmas, but I don’t love the price. I feel it’s really expensive. So I tried to make my own and it turned out great. I actually prefer mine because I load it with crushed candy canes.
It’s great to have around the holidays and makes a great gift.
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup white chocolate
- 2 tbsp crushed candy canes
- Tape parchment paper to your countertop or a baking sheet. I prefer counter top, it's easier to spread the chocolate.
- Fill a pot half way with water and bring to boil. Place a heat proof glass bowl onto of the pot. This is your double boiler.
- Add the dark chocolate and peppermint extract and let the chocolate melt. Stir with a spatula to help it melt.
- Once melted, remove bowl from the pot with oven mitts. The steam will escape and burn you, so be careful.
- Pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper and spread evenly into a rectangle shape making it ¼cm thick. Let cool completely. It should be hard.
- Repeat same melting process with the white chocolate.
- Pour onto the dark chocolate and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy cane and let cool.
- Once cooled, meaning it should be completely hard – no soft spots. Break or cut the bark into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container or decorative box.