What is a Pavlova? Named after the Russian Ballerina Anna Pavlova, it’s a dessert that resembled her tutu. Made with a meringue base and topped with whipped cream and fruit. It’s a really nice summer dessert and looks beautiful.
My friend celebrated her 40th birthday during the pandemic. I wanted to make something special but individual as we are not suppose to be sharing. These little Pavlovas were perfect. everyone got their own and half a peach fits perfectly on top.
- 8 meringue nests mini
- 1 can peach halves 796ml/28oz (8 peach halves)
- ⅓ sliced almonds
Amaretto Whipped Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream 473ml, cold
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp amaretto liquor
- ½ tsp almond extract
- syrup from the canned peaches
- ½ cup amaretto liquor
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- Drain peaches and put the syrup into a small sauce pan on medium heat with the amaretto and almond extract. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer, and let simmer until reduced to half the volume. Let cool.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, whip cream for 4 – 5 minutes until you get stiff peaks.
- Place each meringue on a dessert plate.
- Top with a big dollop of whipped cream, making a bed for the peach.
- Place a peach on top.
- Drizzle the syrup over the peaches.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds.
- Serve immediately.