One evening my friend called me. She had the flu and couldn’t move. She asked me if I could bring her some soup. I showed up with chicken, pasta, veggies, and stock. She said she thought I’d pick up some instant soup for her. I looked at her and said “Do I look like someone who’d bring instant soup?”
- 2 litres organic chicken stock
- 2 organic chicken breasts cubed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 large yukon gold potato cubed
- ½ cup pastini mini star pasta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot. Add the chicken stock and place over medium heat. Bring the soup to a simmer, add the chicken breasts and let boil.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, celery, carrots and potatoes. Add to soup.
- Grate 2 cloves of garlic into soup.
- Reduce the heat to low; cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pastini and cook for another 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Taste the soup, the stock has salt so you will need to adjust the amount of salt accordingly. I usually add 1 tbsp. but this varies depending on the type of stock you use.
- Turn off heat and add parsley.