BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH CHERRIES & PISTACHIOS
This is a great dish to serve when the weather starts getting cold. It’s hearty and flavourful. It can be a side to a roast chicken or served as a main for a vegetarian dish.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH with CHERRIES & PISTACHIOS
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 bag frozen squash 750 gram bag
- 2 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the squash, 2 tablespoon of olive oil, rosemary, brown sugar, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the squash is coated. Place on a baking sheets lined with tin foil.
- Roast for 40 minutes, until tender. At 20 minutes in, toss the cubes so they brown evenly.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle the pistachios and cherries over the squash. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and allow it to cool and absorb the dressing for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve warm.
This dish can be made in advance. I made this for our Christmas dinner and took it to my cousin’s house. I put in the oven at 350 to reheat for 15mins. I used a bag of frozen butternut squash to make my life easy. But if you have the a whole squash then cut off and discard the ends of the butternut squash. Peel the squash and cut it in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the squash into 1 inch cubes. QUICK SHOP Olive Oil White Balsamic Vinegar Brown Sugar Pistachios Dried Cherries