I took my low carb biscuit recipe and made it into a meal. This is my new go-to breakfast. It has everything in it; spicy sausage, veggies, cheese, all nestled in between a savory herb filled biscuit. I bake it on Sunday and package it in portions for my weekday breakfasts.
- 3 cups almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- ¼ cup basil chopped
- 2 Italian sausage
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomatoes chopped
- Preheat oven at 400ºF.
- In a large frying pan, remove sausages from its casing and sauté with onions, garlic, and red peppers. Once cooked, add spinach and sauté until spinach has wilted. Let cool.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking powder, garlic powder, and 1 cup of parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Add olive oil, eggs, and sour cream. Mix till combined.
- Fold in the chopped parsley and basil.
- Spread half the dough onto a 9 inch greased baking dish. Add the sausage mixture. Spoon the remaining dough on top of the sausage mixture. Using your fingers, spread the dough gently to cover the sausage mixture. It’s okay if there are gaps.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.