One of my favourite appetizers to make is crostini. They are great for entertaining. Whenever I have friends over I make some sort of crostini to have with a bottle of wine. The base is always bread, then top with whatever you like. I had some caponata in my fridge and halloumi cheese so I put them together and it was delicious. I topped it with some fresh basil for the perfect bite.
- 1 Baguette 1 inch slices
- Olive oil
- 2 235g Halloumi cheese 2 blocks of cheese (235g each)
- 2 cups Caponata
- 1 bunch Basil pick the small leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. if baking or put a grill pan on medium heat.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4 inch slices and grill on a grill pan or toast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the halloumi into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, drizzle olive oil and place halloumi into pan. Fry for a few minutes until soft and golden brown. Turn over and fry until golden brown on the other side.
- Take the bread out of the oven on put on a serving platter.
- Place the halloumi on the crostini and top with a spoonful of capanata.
- finish with a few basil leaves.